Resource: The Mom I Want to Be: Rising Above Your Past to Give Your Kids a Great Future by T. Suzanne Eller
Scriptures: Galatians 5:7-8; 22 and Hebrews 12:1
Just you and God:
1. Are there “weights” that trip you up as you run the race of life?
2. Write down these three areas: 1) parenting 2) relationships 3) faith.
2a. What is some unhealthy baggage you still carry in these three areas?
2b. Why do you think it’s been hard to let go?
2c. How do you feel as you look at these unhealthy patterns? Is it with anticipation of what God can do? Or is it another unhealthy pattern called guilt? How can you change this response?
3. Write down these three areas one more time: 1) parenting 2) relationships 3) faith
3a. One you unpack the unhealthy patterns, what is one healthy pattern to put in its place?
4. Write down on scriptural promise God has whispered in your heart.
5. How did God speak to you through the scripture and the teaching?