Today’s post is inspired by my guy of 37 years. As many of you know he battled cancer last year. Finding ways to let the people we love know that we care seems to be more important than ever. ~ Suzie
I love you. . .
We don’t need a day to say I love you, do we?
It’s cool, I guess. There’s merit in buying chocolates and roses. It’s fun to receive flowers at your workplace, or a card nestled on your pillow. There’s also pressure! What if we decided to say I love you every day? Not in big splashes or over-the-top romantic gestures, but in creative ways that let that person know that they are noticed.
Today, let’s discover 30 creative ways to say I love you.
Don’t put heavy expectations on this. Just do it for the fun of it. You know your guy. Some of these things will delight him. Others will be “meh.” Choose those that will bring a smile to someone you love.
1. Pick up a card that says, “I love you,” on a day that isn’t Valentines Day.
2. Linger in that embrace 10 seconds longer.
3. Notice something he did (and maybe does everyday) for you, and say thank you.
4. Send a text for no other reason than to tell him that you are thinking of him.
5. Leave his favorite candy on his pillow.
6. Tell him that he is sexy, and one reason why you believe that.
7. Watch a game with him.
8. Go for a walk together.
9. Hold hands.
10. Pray for him and ask God to walk with him throughout his day.
11. Laugh with him.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”eVdN2″ via=”yes” ]30 creative ways to tell your guy that you love him. https://ctt.ec/eVdN2+ @suzanneeller[/ctt]
12. Pick flowers from the side of the road (or buy an inexpensive bouquet) and put them on the table for dinner.
13. Offer to do something adventurous, like zip lining or hiking.
14. Invite him to jump on the bed with you.
15. When you are angry with him, offer unexpected mercy.
16. Dance in your living room to romantic music.
17. Buy desert and get two spoons. Don’t say a word about calories.
19. Rather than use the words, “I love you,” come up with a creative way to say it. Some examples are:
- You amaze me
- You delight me
- I love the way you smell
- Thank you for being so kind
- I’m falling for you all over again
19. Put aside all the chores for a day and do something fun.
20. Stop what you are doing and listen to what he is saying. Look into his eyes as he speaks. Affirm that you hear what is being said.
21. Host a movie night with gourmet popcorn.
This is a Rachel Ray recipe for Maple Sugar Bacon popcorn.
6 slices (about 1/4 pound) thick-cut bacon
2 tablespoons maple sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dry popcorn
2 tablespoons oil
1 stick melted butter
In a sauté pan, cook the bacon until crisp. Once cooked, remove the strips of bacon but reserve the bacon fat. In small bowl, mix together the maple sugar and salt. Place the reserved bacon fat plus 1 tablespoons canola oil, in a large pot over high heat. Once super-hot, add in the popcorn, cover and let pop, shaking consonantly. Chop the bacon. In a large bowl, mix together the popcorn, maple sugar-salt mixture, chopped bacon and butter.
22. Put your phone away when you are with him.
23. Write a love note each morning for one week. Put it in different places, but where he’ll find it easily.
24. Kiss him like it’s a first kiss.
25. Accept his compliment graciously.
26. Be playful.
27. Host a day in his honor and fill it with things that he loves to do, and do it with him.
28. Make him a speciality coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or smoothie. Surprise him with it.
Sixteen ounces milk or cream
Four ounces dark or milk chocolate
Four ounces chocolate caramel candy (Hershey kisses work!)
A pinch or two of sea salt.
In a small pot heat half of the milk and 4 ounces chopped chocolate and salt until melted. Continue heating and whisk in the remaining milk and 4 ounces chopped chocolate caramel. Continue whisking until the entire mixture is warmed through and smooth in texture.
Serve with a little whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel and a sprinkle of sea salt.
This recipe from A Beautiful Mess.
29. Create a zero-complaint zone for 24 hours in his presence.
30. Draw a hot bath for him. Add bath salts and muted lights. What happens after that is up to the two of you.
[inlinkz_linkup id=695860 mode=1]