If you came over from Encouragement for Today, welcome! I’ve been on a blogging break, but slipped in today so we could hang out together. In today’s devo I shared that our heart isn’t always trustworthy. But truth will set us free. Let’s take that deeper together today! ~ Suzie
Lies can tear up our heart
We know that truth is important, but the problem is truth doesn’t always feel true because we’ve believed the lie for such a long time. That’s why it’s so key to soak in truth daily — until it breaks through the lie. Until we embrace it. Until truth grows a new groove in our thinking . . .
So today I want to share 12 truths to transform a torn-up heart.
These are truths grounded in scripture. Perhaps one of these truths are exactly what your heart needs to hear today.
- Truth #1) You are not required to do anything without God. So, stop trying to do it on your own. If shame or fear has caused you to hide from him, or if you have been told you are weak if you call out to God for help, silence that lie and run to your Heavenly Father who loves you like crazy.
- 2) You are chosen. God chose to love the entire world. That includes you. Always.
- 3) God sees you, and not in a bad way. Not in a “I’m gonna get you” or “you’ve messed up” kind of way. He truly sees you. He knows your potential. He knows how he crafted and formed you. He knows how hard you are trying. He is keenly aware of his plans for his daughter.
- 4) You are strong because he lives in you. You are braver than you know. You are stronger than you think. You are more capable than you can imagine. God knows all of that about you.
- 5) Your past does not define you. Your past is one chapter. God will not only redeem the hard parts of your story, but will write new chapters in your life.
- 6) God has removed your sins as far as the East is from the West. Jesus’ sacrifice atoned for your sins. They are covered. They are forgiven. You are free to be who you are today, rather than burdened with who you were yesterday.
- 7) God will not only redeem your story, but your story has the power to help others rewrite theirs. Amen. Somewhere there is someone who believes he or she is outside the love of God. Tell your story to that one. Invite them to experience restoration too.
- 8) You are viewed through the lens of the cross. Sure, you are scarred. Certainly, you’ve made mistakes. Yet the power of the cross covers you as you surrender to God’s love.
- 9) You are strong when you get back up. Falling or failing is hard but when you get back up, that’s strong! That’s bravery! Stop beating yourself up for the fail, and praise God for helping you stand back up, brush yourself off, and start running the race again. Bravo!
- 10) Jesus can heal your hurting heart. His entire mission statement is found in Luke 4:18-19. He came to heal your broken heart, and he’s really good at it. He’s not afraid of the messy state it is in. He is the ultimate heart surgeon.
- 11) You are gifted! Your talents might not look like everybody else, and that makes sense. God is a Creative, and your gifts were uniquely fashioned. Stop trying to be like everyone else and leap into God’s plan for you. If you don’t know what that is, ask him. He’ll show you the next step.
- 12) He is your defender. God doesn’t fight for us by slaying our enemies. Our strength comes from within. Our battle plan is to love like he loved us. This kind of “fight” makes no sense in the natural, but supernaturally we become victors as we establish deep roots in his love, anchor on the Rock, and become strong from the inside out.
My prayer today for each of us is that truth begins to unravel the lies that tangle our hearts.
Sometimes we just need to see truth. Print out a gorgeous printable “Freedom Table” (see above). It’s excerpted from my book, The Spirit-Led Heart: Living a Life of Love and Faith Without Borders.
I’m so excited to share this gorgeous new journal.
It contains a few quotes from The Spirit-Led Heart, as well as a Spirit-Led Heart mantra. It contains blank pages perfect for writing down truth as you read the Word.
All of our LFT products help fund our Compassion projects. In the last year, we’ve placed books in prisons. We’ve come alongside women in India to fund literacy communities. We’ve purchased sewing equipment for a nonprofit that ministers to women once exploited. We believe that living free isn’t a singular journey. We are meant to live free together.
Want to win one?
Just leave a comment. Share a prayer request, or share a truth you are living by right now. Whatever is on your heart, come around the table and let’s talk! We’ll choose one winner on October 25th.
The Spirit-Led Heart by Suzanne Eller can only be described has a life-altering and all encompassing, creating a way of life that will be forever lifted and will take us from a loss-of-self to fully purposeful. ~ Cindy B.